…is finally upon us!
The next few months will see millions of Brits travelling within the UK, or jetting off abroad, to enjoy their summer holidays. While this should be a happy and stress-free time for most, it does unfortunately present opportunities for criminals with houses being left unoccupied for days or weeks at a time.
There’s no need to let this spoil your time away, however. Simply following CIA’s holiday security tips can help keep your property secure while you are away, leaving you to enjoy your holiday with total peace of mind:
- Let your neighbours know you are going away, and how long for. They can then be on the lookout for any suspicious activity while you’re away.
- Make sure all doors, windows and gates are locked. These will be the main entry points for anyone looking to gain access to your property.
- Ensure your alarm system is activated before you set off. And, if you have a monitored alarm system, make sure the list of keyholders with your monitoring company is up-to-date.
- Mow your lawn before you leave. Long, uncut grass can be a clue that a property is vacant.
- Utilise timers to turn lights on at night, giving the impression that someone is home.
- Check that all garages and sheds are secured, and nothing of value is left out in your garden.
- It may be tempting to leave a spare key hidden outside your property or in your garden somewhere, but don’t! Always leave them with a trusted neighbour or nearby friend instead.
- Avoid announcing your holiday plans on social media. You never really know who will see it and then know when your house will be unoccupied.
If you would like to discuss your home security in more detail, contact CIA Fire & Security today:
📞 01285 651 025