Careers with CIA
At CIA Fire and Security we are always interested in hearing from qualified and enthusiastic individuals looking for careers in the security industry.
Please either email us through our contact page or telephone us on 01285 651025 for more information.
Current Vacancies: Gate Installation Engineer – Posted Aug 2020
Reporting Line Manager: Gate Team Leader
The Gate Automation Engineers’ main duties are to install, maintain and service CIA Fire & Security Ltd’s new and existing client’s gate automation systems providing a first class service to all. This is a demanding physical role within a very technical team. Team members are expected to be adaptable, proactive, hardworking, a good problem solver and have excellent communication skills. As the Gate Automation Team continues to establish itself, the new team member will be expected to take an active part in moving the team forward.
- Installation of new gates and gate automation systems.
- Take-over of existing gate automation systems.
- Maintenance & servicing of gate automation systems.
- Fault finding of gate automation systems.
- Participate in the Team On Call rota.
- Installation & fault finding on Intercom Systems.
- Any other duties that the company deem the Gate Automation Engineer as competent to carry out.
- Keep up to date with industry technology and regulations
- Fill out all appropriate paperwork
- Observe all Health and Safety guidelines to ensure safety of one’s self and others
- Manage own time on jobs to ensure maximum efficiency
- Communicate progression with Head Office
- Share best practice and knowledge with other team members
- Promote a positive company image at all times
- Door and Hardware Federation Certification
- Physically strong and fit
- Prepared to work outdoors all year round
- Logical problem solver
- Technically minded
- Adaptable and ready for a challenge
- Able to plan and work on own
- Excellent communicator
Benefits of role:
- Large van equipped with all tools for jobs
- Manufacturer training
- Working outdoors
- Increased skill knowledge on welding, ground works, concreting and fabrication
Hours: 40 hours per week on-site